Arts & Business Scotland
Graduates from the Art Business MA course set up galleries and online platforms, manage collections and advise collectors, work for auction houses or galleries. More and more students set up their own companies or expand their current businesses. Through our engagement with the RICS we have a large number of students taking up work in auction houses, insurances or as independent valuers. The course is assessed through a mix of academic essays, seminar papers and presentations, case studies, and a major research-based project or dissertation. As part ofKingston School of Art, students on this course benefit from joining a creative community where collaborative working and critical practice are encouraged.
- Providing you with the knowledge, understanding and experience needed to work effectively in the creative industries.
- The philosophy of the course embraces entrepreneurialism, curiosity, innovation and a responsive and flexible approach to current opportunities and challenges in the employment landscape.
- You may wish to use the placement experience as a platform for your subsequent major project module, and would be expected to use it to help inform your decisions about future careers.
- A liberal arts degree gives you the freedom to focus on the subjects that most interest you.
- There was a wide range of students from different backgrounds on the course, which brought a depth of experience to the classes.
This ensures they are in touch with the latest thinking and bring best practice to your studies. The art market course at Kingston was instrumental for what I am doing today. Many of our courses are accredited by independent professional bodies which could enhance your career prospects. We have recently expanded and upgraded our workshops, enabling you to work alongside and be inspired by students from other creative disciplines.
Book your tickets today!
You just need be clear in your application which qualifications you are currently studying for. We have places available through Clearing right now – get in touch and we can help you to find a course you’ll love. For most of our undergraduate degrees, you have the option to extend your studies by a year to undertake bluefoundationsite.com a Professional Practice Year in the workplace in your third year of study. We regularly travel overseas to meet with students interested in studying at Newcastle University. Our new tailored service aims to equip arts organisations with the tools necessary to become robust, sustainable and confident operations.
Industry-active academics and our Graduate Outcomes Team can help to connect you to world-renowned companies, where you’ll build workplace skills and connections you’ll lean on throughout your whole career. The Liberal Arts Capstone can either take the form of a reflective project or a traditional written dissertation and is highly personalised – reflecting your unique mix of modules. You’ll receive a minimum of 10 hours of one-on-one time with your supervisor, to agree the scope and direction of your capstone project.
Culture and collections
As a membership & service organisation working on behalf of this sector, we believe in supporting the growth of arts and culture organisations, communities & their audiences. We welcome and support students with a wide range of disabilities and health concerns. This includes learning difficulties, visual and hearing impairments, mental health difficulties, autism spectrum conditions, mobility difficulties, and temporary or chronic health conditions.